Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Is that 2 ticks on my dog?

They are two seperate bugs. The one that is big and bloated has just been there longer than the smaller one. I dont know much about tick mating behavior, but I kind of doubt that's what is going on when you find two in the same spot. Or maybe it is----I dont know. I would think the smaller one has buried his head in a spot that he found to be easier to access since the other tick has already started the hole. When a tick is fully engorged, it will drop off on it's own but can not crawl away at that point because it's legs are too small to support the new body size. So it lays it's eggs right where it lands. Illnesses caused by ticks can kill your dog and give you a lifelong disease, so why risk it by not medicating your dog? All it takes is a few squirts of Frontline Plus on your dogs shoulders each month and the problem is solved.

No comments:

Post a Comment